Nestled amongst the old-world charms of Pognana Lario, this rustic 1700’s villa has been lovingly restored and reinvented to suit the 21st century; with no expense spared. Transformed to provide a luxury haven for Lake Como holidays, the 4-bed villa for 8 boasts lake views inside and out. Combined with timeless ambience and contemporary home comfort, the villa welcomes you in any season.
Access is via an authentic narrow village street. From this cobbled street-level, an entrance leads down to an enticing private inner courtyard, with modernist glass sliding doors revealing a luxury professional kitchen within. A glass wall exposing the original stonework and a modern floating staircase also offers a ‘wow factor’ to the traditional inner-courtyard entrance.
Adjoining the uber-cool space is an ultra-ambient lake view dining room with wood burning stove and a lake view sitting room with SKY TV. The rustic yet sumptuous comfort of these rooms make it a super choice for wintertime stays.
Reached by the floating modernist staircase, each bedroom enjoys the same exposed rustic stone walls, exuberant lighting and careful attention to detail. Truly no expense has been spared!
The 1st floor Master En-suite boasts a lake view balcony as well as a generously-proportioned boutique En-suite, fitted with a free-standing lake view tub. Two further Double bedrooms feature to the upper floor of the villa, whilst to the spacious lake view loft-level, a Japanese-style bed and adjoining office features.
The villa also offers a luxury walk-in wardrobe, a cloak room WC/ powder room and a stunning spa-style wet room with adjoining bathroom facilities. Equipped with all the must-have home features, including a washing machine, universal shaver plug and hairdryer, the villa offers everything you need to get your holiday started.
Outside, the villa’s split-level living space is equally inviting and perfect for summertime entertaining; with a covered lake view terrace with seating featuring alongside a lower lake view decked terrace with BBQ.
From its unique lake view setting, the villa leads in no time to the village shops, eateries and ferry and bus links of pretty Pognana Lario. A public parking space can be found along the main road overlooking the villa and another parking area can be found approximately 400 metres away, to the hillside.
From the luxury home, the city highlights and convenient transport links of Como city are within a 20-minute drive away.
From Como, guests are just 60 minutes’ drive away from Lugano city and the fashionable distractions of Milan. The home is also 64 minutes’ drive from Milan Malpensa and 1.5 hours’ drive from Milan Bergamo airport, enabling the year-round jet set to come and stay.
The location of Pognana also places guests within easy reach of Bellagio (29 minutes’ drive) and the tourist attractions of the Central Lake.
A plethora of activities await your amusement on this world-class lake, including water sports, boat rentals, sailing, lake swimming, lido fun, hiking, golf, horse riding, quad biking, tennis, seaplane trips, paragliding, Italian Alp skiing and more.
Lake Como is famed for its outstanding villa attractions, botanical gardens and its fine Italian dining experiences.
• A gorgeous ambient room, styled in the latest contemporary fashion
• Benefits from lake views, a SKY TV with DVD player and free in-house WIFI
• Furnished with a chic leather sofa and 2 stylish swivel chairs (one with pouf)
• Provides the perfect setting for enjoying a glass of wine with a movie, in front of a roaring fire
Separate designer Kitchen
• A fabulous professional kitchen, made to impress!
• Equipped with chic stainless steel appliances and a chic breakfast bar for 3
• Provides an 8-ring gas cooker, an oven with rotisserie function, a pizza oven, toaster, American fridge freezer and dishwasher
• Features floor-to-ceiling sliding doors, which lead out to the flagstone inner courtyard (perfect for enjoying a cool summer’s drink)
• Perfect for celebrating those special occasions, an Italian Mama cooking experience or private Chef can also be arranged (upon request, for an extra cost)
• From the kitchen, flagstone steps lead down past a Powder room to the outdoor living/dining areas
Separate Dining room
• Enjoys an inviting ‘through room’ layout; being situated between the Kitchen and Living room
• Features rustic stone walls; with the added benefit of an ambient wood burning stove (which has been thoughtfully fitted within the open hearth of the old fireplace)
• Accompanied by a slick dining table and 8 Bauhaus-style chairs
• Benefits from beautiful lake views
• Complemented by an outdoors BBQ area to the sunny lower decked terrace
The 4 boutique-style lake views bedrooms are perfectly suited for accommodating four couples or single friends, in an exclusive-style getaway. Each bedroom benefits from a Double bed (160 x 200) and a boutique-style interior finished off with romantic lake views.
1st Floor Master Bedroom
• A beautiful lake view bedroom suite with exposed stone walls and a sumptuous Double bed
• Features an equally spacious luxury En-suite with a bath tub positioned to enjoy the lake views
• Complemented by a luxury walk-in wardrobe and a utility area with washing machine
2nd Floor Bedroom 2
• A romantic lake view Double bedroom with rustic stone walls and stylish furnishings
• Features a wardrobe
2nd Floor Bedroom 3
• An equally stylish lake view Double bedroom with wardrobe
Top floor Bedroom 4
• A stunning loft floor boasting a romantic beamed ceiling and beautiful lake views
• Furnished with a Japanese-style Double bed, a wardrobe and a versatile child-friendly single sofa bed
• There is also plenty of room in the adjoining office space
Additional infant travel cots and single adult camp beds can also be provided upon request (for an extra cost).
1st Floor Master En-suite
• A generous En-suite
• Fitted with a freestanding lake view bath tub, a pair of his and hers wash basins, a WC and bidet
2nd Floor Bathroom
• A luxury fitted spa-quality wet room
• Features 2 wash basins, a WC with bidet and access to a Powder room
Ground floor Cloakroom
• A conveniently-situated Powder room with WC
- Boasts a truly unique lake view setting
- Modernist interior set within a timeless historical townhouse
- Equipped with free WIFI, SKY TV and DVD player
- Fully central-heated, with a wood burning stove and electric fans also featuring
- Features a luxury upstairs walk-in wardrobe and a ground floor powder room
- Equipped with a hairdryer and a universal shaver plug
- Features a washing machine, clothes horse and ironing facilities
- Plenty of outdoor space for sitting and entertaining
- Features 4 sun loungers and a BBQ
- Fitted with a floating staircase (36 steps)
- Located in the heart of town, just a short walk away from public parking and amenities
Enhance your stay further, with extra payable features including daily housekeeping, a private chef, private tours, babysitting service, chartered yacht hire, luxury boat trips, airport transfers and more!
The villa boasts a truly magical quality outside. A split-level outdoor living space is accessible via a flight of flagstone steps from the Kitchen.
Out here, a romantic covered sitting area features next to a lower decked terrace with benched seating and a BBQ. The direct lake views offer a spectacular accompaniment to daytime drinks, alfresco meals and evening entertaining. Guests can even make out George Clooney’s villa across the water in Laglio!
Surrounded by a cluster of historical townhouses, it feels as though the decked terrace is nestled amongst the very charm and essence of Pognana Lario.
The former vaulted wine cellar has been transformed into a covered lake view sitting area. Cooler and more secluded, it features a sprawling ancient vine and ambient Moroccan outdoor lanterns. The purpose-built seating is complemented by padded seats, a bistro table with foldable wooden chairs and a fridge to store your drinks. The setting is perfect for those looking to entertain away in private; with just the lake views for company.
The upper balcony to the Master Bedroom also offers a wonderful setting for soaking up some sun and breath taking Lake Como scenery. The inner courtyard off from the modernist Kitchen is also ideal for parties; where guests wish to spill out and take some air.
Due to its location, a car is recommended. The villa is reachable on foot from a nearby public parking area. One public parking space can be found along the main road overlooking the villa and another space can be found approximately 400 metres away, to the hillside.
Situated along a peaceful residential secondary road, the home oozes timeless appeal. Pognana Lario promises that real sense of ‘La Dolce Vita,’ with a local array of amenities on hand to complement your self-catering stay.
From its street-level entrance there is easy access on foot to public parking and a small local supermarket selling fresh meats, cheeses and antipasti. A bar and a local restaurant also feature here. The ferry which operates a summertime schedule to Como and other destinations on the Lake can also be reached in 5 minutes from the main road. A bus stop with links to the surrounding towns can also be found along the main road.
To the south, the cosmopolitan highlights and convenient transport links of Como city are within a 20-minute drive away, whilst Lugano city and Milan are both just an extra 60 minutes’ drive on from Como.
To the north of Pognana, the quaint cobbled streets of Bellagio (29 minutes’ drive away) are within easy reach for day trips. Lined with local craft shops, designer boutiques, cafes and restaurants, guests will find the perfect distraction here. The fashionable Lido and famous visitor attraction of Villa Melzi are also located in the town and for those seeking adventure, Bellagio’s Outdoor Extreme Sports Club and Varenna’s Jungle Raider Park are both within easy reach by car/ferry. The car and passenger ferry service from Bellagio also offers the perfect excuse to enjoy a day of sightseeing in Varenna, Menaggio and further along the Tremezzina shore.
A holiday on Lake Como offers a wide range of leisure pursuits to enjoy, from lazy Lido days, Spa treatments, hiking, cycling, tennis, golf, sightseeing, water sports, horse riding, quad biking, paragliding, sea plane trips and skiing.
- Lake View
- Smoking Not Permitted
- Large Property
- Pets Not Permitted
- American Fridge
- Child Friendly
- Clothes Horse
- Cooker Hob
- DVD Player
- Full Kitchen
- In Town
- Iron/Ironing Board
- On Hillside
- Outside Dining Area
- Range Cooker
- Single Villa
- Sky TV
- Sun Loungers
- Very Sunny Position
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Available
Activities & Attractions
Seasonal Weekly Tariffs
|#||Min stay||Start date||End date||Price|
|2 nights||14 Dec 2019||03 Jan 2020||€2905|
|2 nights||04 Jan 2020||24 Apr 2020||€2506|
|2 nights||25 Apr 2020||19 Jun 2020||€2905|
|2 nights||20 Jun 2020||28 Aug 2020||€3500|
|2 nights||29 Aug 2020||09 Oct 2020||€2905|
|2 nights||10 Oct 2020||18 Dec 2020||€2506|
|2 nights||19 Dec 2020||08 Jan 2021||€2905|
|Additional Service Charge: €530 (7 days & less) & €530 (7 days plus)|