With a captivating vista of Varenna and the Central Lake to take in from its romantic elevated setting, this iconic 5 bed villa invites you to savour the very essence of ‘La Dolce Vita’ on Lake Como.
Promising an exclusive escape for families and groups of 8, the beautifully modernised interior retains a wealth of period details within its 4 floors of elegant accommodation (reached by a grand staircase).
A ground floor lake view room with SKY TV channels and a lower ground floor sitting room with TV and adjoining billiards room with pool table provide welcome entertainment, whatever the weather. The receptions are also complemented by a fully-equipped separate Kitchen, a dining room and a lake view wrap-around balcony.
Upstairs, two floors of lake view sleeping accommodation provide the perfect versatility for couples and flexible family groups of 7 + 1. The beautiful villa is also equipped with 1 En-suite bathroom, 2 shared family bathrooms, air-conditioning and free WIFI access.
Outside, the sunny private gardens are arguably the jewel in the crown for this magnificent lake retreat. With the magical lake views to savour from the alfresco dining area, the vine covered pergola walks and the upper balcony, guests can easily feel inspired, romanced and captivated.
Providing the opportunity to hire a parking space (EU 20 per day), boat mooring (EU 50 per day) and extra daily cleaning (EU 60 per day), the villa invites you to further enhance your stress-free escape!
The central location places guests within enviable reach of Varenna’s picturesque Old Town (5 minute’s stroll), its lido, many restaurants, train station, main ferry stop and resort attractions (including Villa Monastero, Castello di Vezio and Villa Cipressi).
The beautiful eastern shore town is very well connected by train, bus, ferry and car; with close proximity to the resorts of Bellagio and Menaggio, the beach in Lierna, the Perledo Cooking school, the Jungle Raider Park and the Italian Alp Ski resorts.
Guests are located 75-88 minutes’ drive from Milan Bergamo and Milan Malpensa.
• Elegant receptions provide a classic and refined way to relax and entertain
• Complemented by free WIFI access and balcony access
• The ground floor reception comprises of an air-conditioned TV room with lake view and SKY channels
• Reached by 20 steps, the lower ground floor living room is accompanied by a TV
• A DVD player and music stereo is also provided in the villa
• A fireplace also features to the lower ground floor Living room (this will be operational from 1 Nov 2016)
• This Living room also leads out to the garden with lake view pergola
• Features a games room with pool table and lake view (no air-con)
Separate luxury fully-equipped Kitchen
• Equipped with a cooker hob, microwave, toaster, electric kettle and dishwasher
• Features a breakfast table for 8
• Accompanied by an elegant indoor dining area for 10 with access to a lake view terrace
• An alfresco dining area with BBQ features to the lake view terrace
• For an extra charge, Private chef-hire and an authentic ‘Italian Mama’ cooking experience can also be arranged through www.happyholidayentertainment.com
1st Floor (reachable by 20 steps)
• Lake view Twin bedroom with air-conditioning
• Features a balcony
• Full En-suite bathroom with shower
• A Single lake view bedroom with air-conditioning
• Features a SAT TV
• A couple-friendly lake view bedroom with King Size Double bed
• Features a SAT TV, air-conditioning and an ornamental sink (for decorative purposes only)
Both Bedroom 2 and 3 have easy access to a shared full bathroom with shower.
2nd floor (reachable by 18 steps)
• A lake-view Double bedroom with air-conditioning and SAT TV
• Single lake view bedroom with air-conditioning and a SAT TV
Both bedrooms have access to a shared full bathroom with shower
Upon request, travel baby cots, high chairs and single adult camp beds can also be hired.
• A modern full suite fitted with a bath tub, contemporary shower, wash basin, WC and bidet
• A shared full suite fitted with a bath tub, shower, wash basin, WC and bidet
• A second shared suite fitted with a bath tub, shower, wash basin, WC and bidet
The sunny lake view balcony terrace provides unparalleled panoramic views across Varenna and the Central Lake, whilst the landscaped grounds provide an exclusive private setting in which to relax, explore and entertain. The pretty covered pergola walks are complemented by gorgeous vista spots and an elegant alfresco dining area with BBQ. A set of 6 sun loungers are also on hand for those seeking a tempting holiday book moment.
• A luxury private Villa
• Sleeps a maximum group size of 7
• Modernised antique style
• Fully air-conditioned and WIFI-enabled
• Central heating
• Not suitable for disabled guests
• Flat screen SAT TV, DVD player and music stereo
• Games room
• Washing machine and ironing facilities
• Serviced by a basic light clean (provided by a cleaning lady between 8.30-10.30am each day)
• Private lake view garden
• Alfresco dining area with BBQ
• 6 sun loungers
• Option to pay for private parking, boat mooring and extra daily cleaner
For an extra charge of EU 20 per day, guests can also hire a parking space. Please note that guests should book this parking space prior to their stay.
The Villa is situated along Via Venini 47, in a particularly scenic part of town. The centre of town is easily reachable by car/ taxi or just 5 minutes on foot.
Within this truly enviable setting, the delights and amenities of Varenna are on the doorstep. Conjuring up charming lake view coffee mornings, ambient wine tasting evenings and romantic lakeside dining moments, Varenna is a gem waiting to be explored.
With its timeless cobbled streets leading past ancient churches and boutique gift shops to the historical attractions of Castello di Vezio and the lush botantical gardens of Villa Monastero, Varenna is a truly unique place.
The world famous resort also benefits from a train station with Lecco-Milan links, a lovely lakeside Lido and a car and passenger ferry stop. The perfect way to sightsee, the Ferry service operates to all the famous resorts of Bellagio, Cadenabbia and Menaggio.
Nearby, a host of activities also await; from water sports in Bellano, Italian Cooking lessons in Perledo, the lake beach in Lierna, the Jungle Raider Park up on the hillside and the Italian Alp Ski resorts. Kayak and boat rental, horse riding, paragliding, sea plane trips, tennis clubs, prestigious golf clubs, spa treatments, hiking and Spa days also await your enjoyment on the Central Lake!
Varenna is conveniently placed for reaching the fashionable cities of Lugano (44 minutes’ bus ride/ car journey from Menaggio; a ferry-ride away from Varenna) as well as Milan (69 minutes’ drive from Varenna - and easily accessible by train).
- Lake View
- Smoking Not Permitted
- Car Not Necessary
- Large Property
- Pets Not Permitted
- Air Conditioning
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- Cooker Hob
- Digital TV
- DVD Player
- Electric Kettle
- Full Kitchen
- In Town
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Music Stereo
- On Lakeshore
- Pool Table
- Private Garden
- Satellite TV
- Single Villa
- Sky TV
- Sun Loungers
- Very Sunny Position
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Available
Activities & Attractions
Seasonal Weekly Tariffs
|#||Min stay||Start date||End date||Price|
|4 nights||14 Sep 2020||09 Oct 2020||€3773|
|4 nights||10 Oct 2020||30 Oct 2020||€3255|
|4 nights||31 Oct 2020||18 Dec 2020||€5005|
|4 nights||19 Dec 2020||08 Jan 2021||€5803|
|4 nights||09 Jan 2021||23 Apr 2021||€5005|
|4 nights||24 Apr 2021||08 Oct 2021||€5803|
|4 nights||09 Oct 2021||17 Dec 2021||€5005|
|4 nights||18 Dec 2021||07 Jan 2022||€5803|
|Additional Service Charge: €620 (7 days & less) & €620 (7 days plus)|