This beautiful property is situated on the first floor of the modern residence complex which is built in an historical quarry on the sunny Varenna hillside and which offers guests a tranquil and memorable holiday experience!
The property boasts high quality and stylish accommodation throughout with a spacious and bright Open Plan Living area which offers WIFI access and which features a fully-fitted modern Kitchen with all the desired appliances including a Dishwasher, a Dining table and a contemporary and comfortable seating area with Sofa, Sat TV with DVD Player. A Bose docking system for IPODs also features.
From the Living area large French doors open out onto a Balcony terrace with a dramatic panoramic vista of Lake Como, which will take your breath away! A breakfast table is situated here to make the most of this spectacular view point.
The property offers a very stylish Master Bedroom with King size Bed, as well as a Double Sofa bed to the living area, which can be adapted to sleep an additional 2 guests if required.
A newly fitted Shower room with Washing machine is also situated in the property.
Outside guests can enjoy the resident Swimming pool and sunbathing area which is situated in a pretty sheltered and sunny spot.
POOL OPENING TIMES ~ 21st April - 30th Sept
Parking is also provided for guests and a car is highly recommended due to the hillside location of the Residence.
Guests can easily reach Varenna by car. The early Victorian part of Varenna provides a choice of lake view Cafes, many fine Villas and the famous and historical Castello di Vezio, which is situated on the Varenna hillside and which features frequent Falconry displays and medieval re-enactments during the Summer-Autumn time. A picturesque lakeside promenade takes guests along to the romantic medieval part of Varenna, which features medieval passageways, cobbled Piazzas and ancient Churches. There are many delightful restaurants and wine bars to enjoy as well as boutique craft shops to visit.
The Car and Passenger Ferry as well as the Train service also operates from Varenna and Fiumelatte, providing guests with an enjoyable and care-free way of exploring Bellagio, Menaggio, other pretty Lake Como towns and also Milan.
In winter, scenery around Varenna is spectacular with snow-capped mountains and is very convenient for skiing in the resorts of Italy and Switzerland. The delightful resort Madesimo, north of Chiavenna is only 1.15 hours away by car., and the local ski resort of Piani di Bobbio, - http://www.pianidibobbio.com only 40 mins away. The International jet-set resort of St. Moritz is just 1.5hrs away by car or train.
- Lake View
- Swimming Pool
- Close to Skiing
- Child Friendly
- Coffee Machine
- Cooker Hob
- Electric Kettle
- Iron/Ironing Board
- On Hillside
- Private Parking Space
- Satellite TV
- Shared Pool
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Available
Activities & Attractions
Seasonal Weekly Tariffs
|#||Min stay||Start date||End date||Price|
|2 nights||13 Oct 2018||14 Dec 2018||€550|
|2 nights||15 Dec 2018||04 Jan 2019||€600|
|2 nights||05 Jan 2019||26 Apr 2019||€550|
|2 nights||27 Apr 2019||21 Jun 2019||€600|
|2 nights||22 Jun 2019||30 Aug 2019||€750|
|2 nights||31 Aug 2019||11 Oct 2019||€600|
|2 nights||12 Oct 2019||13 Dec 2019||€550|
|2 nights||14 Dec 2019||03 Jan 2020||€600|
|2 nights||04 Jan 2020||24 Apr 2020||€553|
|2 nights||25 Apr 2020||19 Jun 2020||€602|
|2 nights||20 Jun 2020||28 Aug 2020||€756|
|2 nights||29 Aug 2020||09 Oct 2020||€602|
|2 nights||10 Oct 2020||18 Dec 2020||€553|
|2 nights||19 Dec 2020||08 Jan 2021||€602|
|Additional Service Charge: €160 (7 days & less) & €160 (7 days plus)|
We had an absolutely fabulous time in the apartment!! It was just what we needed after a busy first week touring Milan, Venice & Bardi. My partner has already written a review on trip advisor and below is what he has written, we would appreciate it being kept as anonymous or just use our first names.
We gave the apartment 5*. “What a fantastic apartment! The directions to the property along with accessing the keys was very thorough and no wrong turns were taken!. We arrived to a welcome surprise of a bottle of wine. Opening the shutters to the view across the lake was stunning. We had a wonderful 6 days just relaxing with stunning tranquil views and wish we didn’t have to leave. The complex had a nice clean pool with plenty of sun loungers. The apartment was nicely decorated and spotless.
The apartment is a bit of a trek from Varena so a car is needed, with a supermarket 10minutes away in Bellano.
It was idyllic eating a lovely meal with a glass of wine on the balcony. We really could of stayed longer! We would recommend this place without hesitation and would gladly go back in a heart beat.”
Many thanks again for a fantastic service!!
We had a very enjoyable stay in Vista d'Oro. The apartment was lovely and the view from the balcony is out of this world! The whole Lake Como area is beautiful.
A big thank you to Viviana who helped me book a wonderful evening out: a water taxi with aperitifs and lovely dinner at Alla Darsena di Loppia.
The places we most enjoyed visiting were:
- Orrido di Bellano. We were surprised that it is not mentioned more in the guidebooks
- Villa Monastero
- Villa Balbianello
- Abbaza di Piona
We look forward to visiting the area again in the future.
Many thanks for all your help. We had a great holiday in Lake Como.
The apartment was fantastic and very well equipped. My only comment would be that the lack of air conditioning was disappointing as the nights were hot but otherwise we were delighted with it. I was also very impressed with the level of service from the whole team at happy holidays and how responsive everyone was in relation to all my questions - all in all I would rate the service excellent.
In relation to Como, there were so many fab restaurants - we loved Varenna Cafe for casual coffees and people watching, My favourite restaurant was Il Cavatappi - simple restaurant, simple food but excellently executed. The setting of Ristorante La Vista is also spectacular - fab menu although we were slightly disappointed with some of the food but it could have been just bad choices, we also loved Osteria Quatro Pass (esp for seafood) and Borgovino. We were a little disappointed with the food at Ristorante Vecchia Varenna - very good food but portion size was tiny. Bar Il Molo is lovely by the lake for an after dinner drink at night and some nights they have live music. We hired a boat which is expensive but a real highlight.
We did a local cookery course which was enjoyable but we were disappointed not to be involved in the cooking - sitting inside a dark restaurant for 6 hours on a beautiful day was not ideal but the food was excellent and our host was a lovely man.
Belaggio we lovely - Menaggio less so.
All in all we loved the area and we will be back.
As your new Agent in Denmark – with more than 35 years of experiences in the Travel Trade business, been travelling worldwide - I will be happy to give some feedback from our 10 days stay at Vista d`Oro Ulivo/apt. 7.
• First of all my wife and I will praise the team for any assistance you have provided during the whole process and during our stay as well. Well done!
• This was our first time at the Lake Como area, and it is indisputable that the whole area is very beautiful and offer many different types of experiences for guests, who like to explore the area on foot, on bikes, driving by car or by boat. You just have to make your choice.
• Varenna is a very charming and romantic village, not too big and not too many tourists (e.g. compared to Bellagio).
We had very good experiences in Ristorante Quatro Pass in Ristorante La Vista and in Ristorante Hotel du Lac – Varenna. And Varenna Caffè is very special. The Villa Monastero park is fantastic. We found the local Italian people very helpful and enthusiastic in whatever job they had to perform in (ferry boats, restaurants, shops etc.).
• Off course we did visit Bellagio, Menaggio and Bellano as well, which is feeling very relaxing along the promenade and the very local atmosphere in the narrow shopping street.
A visit in the Gorge of “Orrido” in Bellano is also interesting.
• We also took the “big tour” to Como, which is also worth watching even if 2½ hours of sailing each way may be too many hours for some guests in order to walk around in the city of Como for less than 2 hours. But there are off course different options for that tour.
• About the photos I have off course more than 800 photos and I will be please to send you some few, if I found them attractive for your marketing efforts. Vista d`Oro Ulivo / apt. 7
• This apartment meet our expectations and came up to HHH description on http://www.lakecomohomes.com/
• It is quite easy to find Vista d`Oro, however, it would be great, if there is a sign close to the road showing exactly where to go in and park for Ulivo, Palma and Orleandro too (?). We had to walk around a little, and other guests did the same in order to find the “entrance”.
• The key system is brilliant.
• In general the apartment standard is high and very spacious. Especially very well equipped in the kitchen (which is not quite normal in Tuscany, I can say). Perfect with dishwasher and washing machine. Also the furniture are good, however, some 2 smaller easy chair may be a good idea, especially if 4 people will stay. It will also make the apartment a little more comfortable / cozy, as it seems a little sterile. IKEA is a fantastic concept, but also limited in a way.
• It was brilliant with the Bose docking system for IPOD and all the other Radio and TV equipment as well.
• In the bedroom, it was perfect with a lot of hangers in the closet. The bed is ok too. However the bed cover is not useable during the night, if the temperature goes down a little. It is very synthetic and too hot to use (maybe it is not to use, but only for cover?). If the temperature goes down a little during the night, it is not sufficiently only to use a sheet. It would be nice to have a light blanket for the “colder” nights.
• The terrace is unique – off course. Not so deep, which set a limitation for the size of the table and the chairs, understandable.
Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Vista d'Oro Ulivo Apt. 7 as your holiday home.
Apartment 7 was perfect for our stay for my wife and I.
It was nice that our building wasn’t that busy and so we had the pool to ourselves most days.
Having milk and presecco waiting for us was a very nice touch and appreciated.
Your directions and pictures were very helpful but you could consider actually giving gps coordinates for those of us that have garmin or gps on our cars. Having actual directions to the two grocery stores in Bellano would have been helpful – we found the Euro super but never did find the other one you refer to.
We rented a powerboat from Denilo and when the weather turned into showers and potential thunderstorms we brought it back 2 hours early and it was no problem – the boat trip down the lake to Como and back was very enjoyable. The next day we visited Villa del Balbianello which was a highlight of the villas. The castle above Varenna was a small ruin but exceptional for photography.
We really thoroughly enjoyed our time and your website and information package was informative and very helpful. We would certainly recommend your company and units to our friends. Actually, after my wife and I booked our unit , 4 of our friends ended up changing their holiday plans and booking the Marilena unit and joined us. I guess we should have said something and maybe got a bit of reduction on our unit – apparently they had a slightly reduced rate – not sure how that worked.
Thank you for a great holiday.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Varenna and our accommodations at Vista D'Oro Ulivo Apt. 7 were great. The views from the apartment were outstanding. We would certainly stay there again on our next visit to Lake Como and would recommend the apartment to our friends. We enjoyed taking the boats around the lake to the various towns and enjoyed visiting Villa Monastero, Villa Carlotta, Villa Balbianello, Villa Serbelloni Park and Villa Melzi, etc., etc.
We enjoyed eating our dinners in Varenna down at the lake's edge.
We had a little difficulty finding the apartment but that was because we had trouble finding Varenna.
Your staff at Vista D'Oro Ulivo were extremely helpful.
Thanks for making our first trip to Lake Como so memorable and enjoyable.
Bryan and Ruth, Canada